I've had several requests to post my skin care & makeup routine so here it is folks!
Disclaimer: I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, I just know what works for me. But hopefully you find some helpful insight and awesome products to add to your own skin routine! And if you do see a product you like, you can purchase it by clicking the under-lined product name I've provided. 🙂 xx
1. Clarisonic Aria: My skin has made a dramatic improvement since I obtained this lovely Clarisonic earlier this year. Some people have naturally flawless skin and well... I was never that girl. If you're like me and have to work for clear, smooth skin, this little guy will be your new best friend. The Clarisonic Sonic Cleansing Brush uses a sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to deeply cleanse the skin far more effectively, yet more gently, than traditional superficial cleansing or simple rotating brushes. The result is noticeably smoother, more radiant skin. When you just use face wash and your hands/cloth, you don't remove all the dirt and makeup from your skin which causes clogged pores aka blemishes and uneven skin tones. The Clarisonic takes out allll the dirt and yucky stuff from your skin which looks nicer AND allows your skin to better absorb moisturizer. So before I go to bed, I moisten my face with warm water, apply my face wash, and go to town with my Clarisonic Aria. It only takes 30 seconds and it's kind of fun. haha 😀
2. AminoGenises Really, Really Clean Moisturizing Facial Cleanser: The name of this face wash rings true. It REALLY, REALLY cleans the skin and when paired with my Clarisonic, I've got an unstoppable match. What makes this face wash better than others I've used is that it's loaded with amino acids that give the skin more elasticity, fight aging, and moisturize. If I don't use my Clarisonic, I apply the cleanser onto my dampened skin and gently scrub my face in small circles with a warm dampened rag.
3.Hope in a Jar Moisturizer: I have naturally dry skin (ugh) and have tried many many many products and it wasn't until this summer that I finally..FINALLY discovered one that makes my skin happy. Dear Hope in a Jar, you truly are hope in a jar for my skin. I Love you. But seriously, I highly recommend this moisturizer. It had a positive affect on my skin after just one use and it's got many benefits other than providing moisture. It fights against aging and provides antioxidant protection. Which brings me to this... ladies please do your skin a favor and always protect it from the sun, and pleeeease don't use tanning beds.It's not worth it in the long run.
4.Water: You may be confused as to why I put water in my skincare routine but seriously yall, DRINK WATER. Staying hydrated is SO good for your skin and the rest of your body for that matter. Here is an article on it. "The Benefits of Drinking Water For Your Skin"
(I don't wear a full face of makeup every day, but I included all the steps for when I do!)
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: This stuff seriously makes a difference in the appearance of my makeup. I've learned that skin naturally has dry and oily spots which absorb makeup differently. So what a primer does is puts an even barrier between your skin and your makeup, giving your face an even/poreless look. Hollaaaa! It also makes your makeup last longer, looking practically the same at the end of the day as it did when you first put it on! Now who doesn't want that? So after I've cleaned and moisturized, I apply a dime-sized amount of this to my face using my fingertips. I carry on from there with my foundation.
2. Urban Decay Naked Foundation: I apply this foundation after my primer with my fingers. This is a fairly new product for Urban Decay and I am diggin' it. I like it because it's light but still provides excellent, high-definition coverage. Oooh plus it is build-able, meaning you can add more or less depending on how much coverage you want without it getting gross and cake-y. It's also packed with nourishing ingredients,fancy! You can buy it by clicking here or at Ulta or Sephora.
3.Cargo Blu-Ray Pressed Powder: I've been using this powder for over 2 years and still feel grrrrreat about it. It contains specialized photochromatic pigments that adjust with the light so that your base make-up always looks perfect regardless of lighting or setting! I also use the Cargo Magic Brush to apply it and it totally makes a difference. I noticed before when I was using a traditional powder brush that it wouldn't hold alot of the powder it would break up, therefore I wouldn't get as much use out of it. The magic brush is made of synthetic fibers that seriously act like a magnet, attracting powder and depositing it perfectly on my face. My powder lasts WEEKS longer now. If you use it you'll understand. 😉
5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: This eyeshadow primer does 2 amazing things. It makes my eyeshadow last all day and it also brings out the color pigment like bam. Without it, my eyeshadows look dull. I squeeze a small amount to my finger (it goes a long way) and apply it to my eyelids then jump right into eyeshadow!
6. Urban Decay & Stila Eyeshadow: In my opinion Urban Decay has the BEST selection of stunning eyeshadow but I also have a killer neutral palette from Stila that I use a lot.Unfortunately I don't own the UD Naked Palette yet but I've used it before and recommend that one. 🙂 It's hard to explain how I do my eyeshadow without a visual (hmmm maybe I should make a tutorial video) but I typically use 3 colors in the same family. A lighter, medium, and darker color and apply them with a nice eyeshadow brush.
7: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner: I always wear liquid liner because it works best for me and out of all the brands I've used Stila is THE BEST. It's extremely easy to apply and lasts all day.
8. Telescopic Mascara in Black: I've used many brands of mascara but this one always rocks the show that is my eyelashes. I like it because it gives length and separation.Whoop Whoop!
9. Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray: This is a product I use when I go to an important event or photoshoot and REALLY don't want to worry about my makeup fading or losing its umpf. I simply spray this magical mist over my finished face and there you have it!
Yay! Thanks for reading. I hope you found some fun new products to try! Leave a comment on this post if you get any and let me know what you think. 🙂