1. M - Be nice to every one. Even if they aren't nice to you, I promise only good can come from loving people. The more you learn to cherish and serve others the more you will recognize and feel love for yourself.
2. K - Happiness is a choice. Things happen that we can't change, but we can control how we feel about them. I've learned that when I wake up I can choose how my day is going to go & how am going to feel that day.
3. M - Suck it up and go for it. Your dreams won't come true on their own. If you want to become who you are meant to be, it takes work, faith and effort. It will all be worth it.
4. K - Let things be. We tend to plan our entire lives & when things don't go according to our plan, we get disappointed. I've learned that I need to let things be and realize theirs a bigger and better plan than might I could plan for myself.
5. M -There is always someone to serve. A few months ago someone advised me to look for opportunities to serve people to find happiness. Doing this has led me to realize there is never a shortage of needed help. Let's step outside of our spinning thoughts to help others. It can teach us more than any college classroom and heal any broken heart.
6. K - Chemistry & compatibility. Chemistry combined with compatibility make for a healthy relationship. Don't get intoxicated with chemistry or just be safe with just compatibility. You need and deserve to find both.
7. M - Being patient is just as important as being proactive. Sometimes we must sacrifice temporary happiness for eternal happiness. "Never give up what you want most for what you want today."
8. K - Breaking up is terribly necessary. No one tells you how hard breakups are and if they do, they never explain exactly HOW hard. It's tough, but it's necessary. You get to rediscover yourself and find new things about yourself with new people & experiences. Getting hurt forces you to grow in ways you can't even imagine.
9. M - You can't live on borrowed light. The world needs you. Someone else's dreams and accomplishments can only carry you so far, so don't waste your gifts and countable days desiring what others have. YOU have divine purpose and you owe it to yourself and your creator to discover it.
10. K - You don't have to have everything figured out. In fact, I hope you never do. If you have everything figured out, then you know all the rules. If you know all the rules, there's no room for you to make, bend, or change them. Not everything has to make sense. You just have to work your hardest, do what you love, & the rest will fall into place.
11. M - Don't bury your past. We all have "skeletons" in our closet but hiding away experiences because of embarrassment..sadness...shame... guilt whatever it may be, isn't good for anyone (especially you). Whatever you have been through, you have gotten through and in a way, not dealing with your past is not believing in your future. Take what you have learned, even if it's hard to face and use it to grow and help others get through difficult times.
12. K - Don't be afraid to ask for help. I know its terrifying to feel like you need someone. But, we are human & life is tough sometimes. Maybe you need someone to vent or cry to or someone to just sit in silence with you. Never ever feel bad or sorry about needing a friend or help. Instead offer it when people need it and ask for it when you do. And, if anyone ever makes you feel bad about expressing what's troubling you, tell me and i'll kick their butt.
13. M- What really matters. At the end of the day your favorite dress won't hug you when you are losing hope. As the years go by it be comes clearer and clearer what truly matters and what's worth putting time into. Think about who has taken time to help you along the way and put time back into them.
14. K - If you love someone, tell them. Whether it be a friend or colleague or parent or significant other, tell them. The people in our lives deserve to hear how much we love them & appreciate them on regular days with no incentive or holiday obligation. You never know who needs to hear it or whose day you could turn around.
What have you learned? Let us know in the comments!
xx Sugar & Spice